Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Last Thing!

Well, my head is certainly still spinning from all this new information! I have learned so much throughout this course. At times, I wanted to quit because I was so overwhelmed, but it was worth hanging in there. Every time I finished a "thing" I felt such a great feeling of accomplishment.

I think the two most valuable things I will take away from this course are:

The ability to create and maintain a blog-I definitely want to have a classroom blog, now that I know how easy this can be. It may not be fancy, but I at least want to have something that parents and students can take part in.

The freedom from the fear of technology. Now, at least I know the value of getting out there and exploring. Some of this I won't use, but now I know how to go through and weed out the stuff I don't want and find some things I can use.

Even though I am officially finished with this course, there are many things that I want to go back to and explore in more detail, taking my time. There is just so much available that I think I need to wade back in and start investigating one thing at a time in more detail.

Joining classroom2.0 and keeping up with my rss reader will be two ways that I will try to keep current with new tools and using the tools I have already learned about through this course.

All in all, this has been a great experience for me. It has brought me into a brand new world that I hope can add some spice to my classroom this year and in the years to come. I am already telling family members and friends about some of the tools I have learned to use and I have found out that I wasn't the only one who didn't know about some of this stuff so I feel sort of empowered now. Hopefully, I can continue to learn more and use more every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment