Saturday, July 11, 2009

Thing #22

Okay! Finally something that I already know about! I recently set up my facebook account and I absolutely LOVE it. It is so simple to use and lots of fun. It is a quick and easy way to keep up with people (both the ones that I see all the time and the ones that I never or rarely see). When I set up my account, immediately I started finding people through mutual friends. It works like a spider web. Everyone is connected through someone else! I like the fact that you have to confirm people as a "friend" before they are connected to you, though. This is a nice feature.

The little games and quizzes make for interesting conversations, too. It's really fun to see how people do and what you have in common. I love seeing pictures of people and their families.

For me, Facebook is just not nearly as difficult/intimidating as myspace. I just always kind of thought of myspace as a site for younger people so I never really got involved with it. Facebook, though is just fun and easy.

Check me out on facebook at http://facebook.com/km817

It is amazing to me how many famous people have facebook and myspace accounts. Obviously, they probably aren't reading and responding to all the "friends" that are on there, but it is interesting to see what they write. I've noticed that lots of radio talk shows and tv talk shows also now have facebook accounts along with twitter. There are just so many applications for this kind of connecting.

I never really thought about how I could use facebook in my teaching. I'm not sure that I would want to do that. I really like keeping it in my personal world. It is a good way, though to keep in contact with people who maybe you have taught with that move away or something like that.
I guess it wouldn't bother me if a parent wanted to connect with me on facebook. I just don't really see a need for it. For me, it serves as a personal tool.

1 comment:

  1. I have had both a myspace and a facebook. You are right - facebook is much easier and user-friendly.

    ReplyDelete