Thursday, July 9, 2009

Thing #19

Well, if I am understanding this correctly, voicethread is kind of a combination of a slideshow and a podcast that you can interact with by posting audio or written comments. I loved looking through these. There was one where a child had drawn a picture of a "dragon man" and people left audio and written comments about the drawing. I can just imagine how cool that would be to a child to actually hear what people had to say about his drawing. That would be something neat to do on a classroom blog where parents and fellow students could go in and leave comments about student work. I think it would help make parents and other relatives feel very involved if they had this capability. I can envision a grandmother living in another state getting to go in and see her grandchild's work and then being able to leave an audio comment on it. What a very neat idea!



The one voicethread that I particularly enjoyed and could see myself using was the one about "measuring volume in weird amounts". http://voicethread.com/#q+science.b10243.i70631
(I am still trying to figure out how to get the actual video to show here. I'll come back to this post once I know how to do this.)

No comments:

Post a Comment