Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Thing #11



Wow, this thing was very challenging but it was fun. I would love to use the mosaic with pictures of my students. I would be able to use this also when we study landmarks. We could put together pictures of various landmarks. The possibilities are just endless! I like the smiley face signs, also. That would be something that I could use to create simple directions and then print them out and post them at centers, etc. I had trouble putting the smiley face in my blog post because it saved it some way that was not allowing it to copy over. Again, I got help from my teen who used a little creativity to save it to a paint program and then copied it over. That is the kind of knowledge that I guess just comes with time and experience in using these different tools. When it didn't work for me I was ready to give up. I didn't even know what other options I could use. That is something that I am going to have to work on. http://bighugelabs.com/flickr/mosaic.php

2 comments:

  1. wow, your mosaic looks great. Great idea to use the mosaic for landmarks - the kids will love that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "figuring stuff out" is a 21st century skill. Our kids have it - as your teen demonstrated. It's something we just have to teach ourselves!

    ReplyDelete