Saturday, June 20, 2009

Thing #9





Ok...I really loved playing around in Flickr! First of all, I love photos and the fact that there is this huge collection out there that I can use is awesome! I especially liked being able to weed out the ones I could use through creative commons. The theme I chose is (surprise!) SUMMER! I just absolutely love the summer and there were some very creative photos linked to that tag. I am still having trouble getting the pictures in this post so I will come back and add to this post later. I can see how my students could use flickr when doing stories and research projects. Last year, I looked all over the internet for photos of various types of insects when we did our research/science projects. This would be a great thing to use for that.
As you can see, I have come back in and added the pictures. I had trouble getting them to go where I wanted them. I used layout, but I still didn't really understand how to get the pictures to go where you want them exactly. Oh, well, I guess I will just have to play around with this and practice some more to get the hang of it!

Photo credits: Small Taste of Summer by pxlpusher , feel the summer by kalandrakas , day 141_summer sundays by anitacanita ,Summer by adwriter, Summer is Waning by Storm Crypt

1 comment:

  1. Great pictures; I agree with you - I really do think that students could benefit from flickr.

    ReplyDelete