Saturday, June 20, 2009

Thing #7

When I read Coolcat's post about commenting, I got a whole new perspective on the role of commenting. Before, I just viewed commenting as a way to voice my opinion on the topic. Coolcat explained how commenting can benefit both the writer of the original article and the commenters. I was surprised to find out the Coolcat regularly looks at the blogs of readers who leave comments and then sometimes subscribes to their blogs in return.

The other thing that interested me was the "co-comment" capability where you can set it up so that you will automatically be notified if someone responds to your comment. I have made comments before on various sites regarding current events/news stories, etc. and then checked back periodically to see if there were any responses to my comments. This would be a much easier way to keep informed. It pretty much reminds me of the way that the reader/feeder works. It just keeps you updated without having to spend a lot of time online.

I love commenting and now I see it in a whole new light.

No comments:

Post a Comment